Friday, May 27, 2011

How to get free dental floss this week

So, I was asked on my previous post how I got the free dental floss, and I had actually been planning on blogging about it, but I hadn't had a chance yet, so, here you go.  :)

There was a smart source coupon insert in the paper a few weeks ago that was all oral care items, that didn't expire until 12/31/11.  This is what some of them looked like.


So, this week at our Orem Target, the Reach dental floss is on sale for $0.89 cents, so I used the save $1.00 on one item coupon, that looks like this:


After grabbing 2 flosses, because that's how many coupons I had, I realized that I also had a few save $2.50 on 2 coupons, that look like this:



I also got a few other items on this trip, and I'm glad I did, because the cashier gave me the overages on the coupons towards the rest of my purchase.  Target's policy is not to do this.  Their policy is to price override the coupons to make them the same price as the item.  So, my coupons were for $1.00 off, and the floss was $0.89 so he should have basically gotten rid of the extra $0.11, but he didn't, he just let it roll over into my whole purchase, which was awesome!  If you go and try this, let me know how it goes.  I realize that not all cashiers are going to do what mine did, so I'd like to hear if yours does.  Either way, the floss is free!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I just barely started collecting coupons so not sure if I have this one, but I'll check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem at all. I enjoy being able to help. One resource I have found that I hadn't thought of before is eBay. You can bid on people's time to cut the coupons for you, and sometimes you can get them in lots of 10 or 20, if it's something you really want.

    ReplyDelete